Terms of Service
4. Spero enables transactions on its Platform between participating merchants and buyers, dealing in Groceries and other products and services. The buyers can choose and place orders from a variety of products and services listed and offered for sale by various merchants including but not limited to Super Markets, consumer stores and grocery stores on the
6. Website access: You may access some areas of the Website without making an Order or registering your details with us. Most areas of the Website are open to everyone.
7. Responsibility: You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Website. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your Internet connection are aware of these Website Terms and that they comply with it.
8. All commercial/contractual terms are offered by and agreed to between Buyers and Merchants alone with respect to products and services being offered by the Merchants. The commercial/contractual terms include without limitation price, applicable taxes, payment terms, date, period and warranties related to products and services and after sales services related to products and services. Spero does not have any control or does not determine or advise or in any way involve itself in the offering or acceptance of such commercial/contractual terms between the Buyers and Merchants. Spero may, however, offer support services to Merchants in respect to Order fulfilment, mode of payment, payment collection, call centre support and other ancillary services, pursuant to independent contracts executed by Spero with the Merchants. The price of the product and services offered by the Merchant are determined by the Merchant itself and Spero has no role to play in such determination of price in any way whatsoever.
9. Spero does not make any representation or warranty as to the item-specifics (such as legal title, creditworthiness, identity, etc.) of any of the Merchants. You are advised to independently verify the Merchant that you choose to deal with on the Platform and use your best judgment on that behalf. All Merchant offers and third-party offers are subject to respective party terms and conditions. Spero takes no responsibility for such offers.
10. Compiling your Order: Once you have selected the Products you wish to order and provided the other required information, you will be given the opportunity to submit your Order by clicking or selecting the "proceed", "place my order" or similar button. It is important that you check all the information that you enter and correct any errors before clicking or selecting this button; once you do so you will be entering into a contract with the Merchant and errors cannot be corrected (subject to paragraph 11. below).
11. Amending or cancelling your Order: Once you have submitted your Order and your payment has been authorised, you will not be entitled to change or cancel your Order, nor will you be entitled to a refund. If you wish to change or cancel your Order, you may contact the Merchant. However, there is no guarantee that the merchant will agree to your requests as they may have already started processing your Order.
12. Payment authorisation: Where any payment you make is not authorised, your Order will not be processed or communicated to the relevant Merchant.
13. Processing your Order and Merchant rejections: On receipt of your Order, we will send it to the relevant Merchant and will notify you by email that your Order has been received and is being processed. Please note that any confirmation page that you may see on the Website and any Order confirmation e-mail that you may receive each confirm that you have a contract for the sale of Products with a Merchant but does not necessarily mean that your Order will be fulfilled by the Merchant. We encourage all our Merchants to accept all Orders and to communicate any rejection promptly, and we will notify you (generally by email) as soon as reasonably practicable if a Merchant rejects your Order. However, Merchants have the ability to reject Orders at any time because they are too busy, due to weather conditions or for any other reason. In doing so, Merchants will be in breach of their agreement with you and any payment made in respect of the order will be returned to you
14. Delivery of your Order: Estimated times for deliveries and collections are provided once the order has been made. We always try to deliver your items of the same day if the order is made before 5pm. We cannot guarantee that Orders will be delivered or will be available for collection within the estimated times.
PRICE AND PAYMENT
15. Prices will be as quoted on the Website. These prices include VAT but may exclude delivery costs (if you opt for delivery instead of collection) and any administration or service charge imposed by the Merchants. These will be added to the total amount due where applicable.
16. Incorrect pricing: This Website contains a large number of items and it is possible that some of the items may include incorrect prices. If the correct price for an Order is higher than the price stated on the Website, the merchant will normally contact you before the relevant Order is dispatched. In such an event, neither we nor the relevant Merchant is under any obligation to ensure that the Order is provided to you at the incorrect lower price or to compensate you in respect of incorrect pricing.
17. Card payments: If you pay by credit or debit card, you may be required to show the card to the delivery agent at the time of delivery or collection as proof of identification and so that they can check that the card corresponds with the receipt data for the Order. Please note that from time to time there may be delays with the processing of card payments and transactions; this may result in payments taking up to thirty (30) days to be deducted from your bank account or charged to your credit or debit card.
18. General: Customer care is extremely important to us. Our Customer Care team will therefore try to assist you where possible if you have any problems with your Order. You can contact our Customer Care team by clicking or selecting the "Contact us ".
19. Questions about your Order: If your Order is taking longer than expected or you have any other problems with your Order, you can contact our merchant first and we will assist you in order to follow up on your query.
20. Complaints or feedback: In the event that you are dissatisfied with the quality of any Products or the service provided by a Merchant, please use the contact us link and provide feedback in the form of ratings, comments and reviews on the Website (together, "Reviews") to reflect your experience. The Reviews are an important part of our quality control process.
21. Compensation: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of any Products or the service provided by a Merchant and wish to seek a refund, a proportionate price reduction or any other compensation, you should contact the Merchant directly to lodge your complaint and, where appropriate, follow the Merchant's own complaint procedures. If you are unable to contact the Merchant, or the Merchant refuses to deal with your complaint, you can contact our Customer Care Team as described above within 48 hours of placing your Order and one of our Customer Care Advisers will attempt to contact the Merchant in order to request compensation on your behalf. Please note, however, that the legal contract for the supply and purchase of Products is between you and the Merchant that you place your Order with. We have no control over Merchants and the quality of the Products or service that they provide, and we are not able to provide, and have no responsibility or liability for providing, any compensation to you on behalf of any Merchant.
22. Terms of permitted use: You are permitted to use the Website and print and download extracts from the Website for your own personal non-commercial use on the following basis:
23. You must not misuse the Website (including by hacking or \"scraping\").
24. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Website and in material published on it (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by us or our licensors. These works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and all rights are reserved. For the purposes of these Website Terms, any use of extracts from the Website is prohibited.
25. You must not modify the digital or paper copies of any materials that you print off from the website and you must not use any pictures, photographs or any other graphics, video or audio sequences separately from any accompanying text.
26. You must ensure that our status as the author of the material on the Website is always acknowledged.
27. You are not allowed to use any of the materials on the Website or the Website itself for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us to do so.
28. the Website may not be used, and no part of the Website may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without our prior written permission.
29. Website availability: While we try to ensure the Website is normally available twenty four (24) hours a day, we do not undertake any obligation to do so, and we will not be liable to you if the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
30. Suspension of access: Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily at any time and without notice.
31. Information security: The transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we take the steps required by law to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk.